The Old Testament Influence on the Concept of Fair Trials
The Old Testament Impact on the Concept of Fair Trials
Establish the need: Court’s legitimacy is being questioned in our time; but is the institution of courts important?
Purpose: In today’s lesson we will see how the Old Testament made an impact in Western Civilization on the concept of fair trials and legal due process that we take for granted.
- The Old Testament influence on need for trials
- The Old Testament influence on presumed innocence until proven guilty
- The Old Testament influence on Trial by witness
Note of caution:
- I think we can talk about this subject without being a “Christian nationalist.”
- When we are talking about Old Testament contribution it does not mean professing Christians were always consistent or that professing Christians never did a wrong.
- While this post mention Catholics it does not mean Catholicism as a theology is right; but to the degree they…
View original post 3,055 more words